About Dr. James Frizzell
Forensic Dentists Provide Evidence Analysis
- To recognize and analyze patterned injuries (often bitemark analysis);
- To take legally adequate photographs, to be used in legal written case reports.
- Available 24-7 for hospital emergency departments, Police Forces, children’s aid, FACS, Coroner’s Office, and any medical or dental office.
The suspicion of abuse or neglect provides us with the opportunity to interrupt the chain of events which threaten the life and the well being of children or adults. By learning signs and symptoms of abuse, knowing how to document what is seen, and by fulfilling your legal duty to report suspected abuse or neglect, health professionals may help to mend a family in distress or to save the life of a helpless child or adult. (ABFO Manual).
Frizzell Forensics is Available for
- Bitemark and Patterned Injury Cases for assistance for Police, or Hospital Emergency Departmet (on-call 24-7) or for other health professionals.
- Presentations for dental, medical, legal, police foundations college, and PSW professions.
Signs of Child Abuse
Intimate Partner Violence
Signs of Elder Abuse
Signs & Symptoms of Human Trafficking
Patterned injuries or bruising should be highly suspicious in child abuse. Multiple parallel marks may indicate force of fingers from when child is slapped. Other definable shapes such as belt buckles, belts, cords, wires, hangers or other objects may leave a unique pattern, recognizable by the observer. Human bitemarks are another common injury in child abuse. Bitemarks may be found on any part of the child’s body, but are most commonly seen on the extremities, the face, the back, and the abdomen.